Acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medicine that dates back thousands of years. Today, eastern and western cultures use acupuncture to alleviate a range of ailments, including chronic pain and migraines.
Who are ideal candidates for acupuncture?
People with musculoskeletal issues like lower back, shoulder, neck, and knee pain frequently turn to acupuncture when traditional treatments fail. After surgery, many patients use acupuncture to manage pain. Acupuncture treatment is used to lessen the pain caused by a variety of medical conditions and has clinical science behind it.
- Lower back pain. In a 2012 study, acupuncture was shown to be an effective therapy for pain management. The scientists and doctors who conducted the study reviewed data from several acupuncture studies. The results showed that patients who received actual acupuncture reported less pain than those provided simulated acupuncture, or no acupuncture.
- Arthritis. Many doctors question whether acupuncture is an effective therapy for arthritis. In 2014, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published a study that offered little to no evidence that acupuncture could help patients with chronic arthritis. Despite this, many people claim acupuncture helps them manage symptoms caused by arthritis.
- Carpal tunnel. Studies have shown that acupuncture is an effective therapy for those with mild to moderate carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Digestive disorders. Acupuncture is used to lessen the painful symptoms that patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gastroparesis, constipation, and many other digestive disorders.
- Anxiety and depression. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine released a study that suggested acupuncture was as effective as Prozac in managing the symptoms of depression.
- Nerve pain. Researchers argue acupuncture releases chemicals and hormones, including endorphins, that numb pain and block signals between your nerves and your brain.
Can you find acupuncture consulting services in Miami?
Yes! If you live in or around Miami, you have plenty of options. Go online and read reviews of providers in your area. Before you start treatment, consult with your doctor. Your physician may know of a reputable clinic near where you live.
So, what are you waiting for? Set-up an appointment and request an acupuncture diagnosis. Trained medical professionals will inform you of your therapy options and will help you schedule your next visit. The process is fast, easy, and safe.
Don’t go another day in pain. You need holistic healing. You need to boost your holistic health. You need to find holistic acupuncture in Miami. Choose relief, not pain. Choose acupuncture.